source entry #2

Lesly lucero sosa 

Reese, Shelby. “The Truth About Vivek Ramaswamy’s Extreme MAGA Immigration Agenda.” Democrats, 13 Oct. 2023, democrats.org/news/the-truth-about-vivek-ramaswamys-extreme-maga-immigration-agenda/. 

This article discussed vivek ramaswamy who was in an interview with spokesperson, Sarafina Chitika in DNC. Vivek Ramaswamy is a republican planning to be in the 2024 presidential election . During the interview, he expressed his opinions and ideas towards illegal immigrants, specifically mexicans. He mentions his plan to end birthright citizenships. In the article Vivek Ramaswamy explains, “I want to be very clear about this. I think that birthright citizenship does not and should not apply to the kids of parents who entered this country illegally.”American born kids with illegal undocumented parents are to be deported as well, he says. In the article it mentions how he talks about Mexicans a lot. It states, “‘I’ve said that not only will we use the military to secure our own southern border, we will go further,’ he said. ‘If we can use our military to take out [Osama] bin Laden or [Ayman] al-Zawahiri or [Qasem] Soleimani or ISIS somewhere else in some other part of the world, then we are ready to use our military to annihilate the Mexican drug cartels south of our own border.’” This quote shows how he targets Mexicans because based on what he says, he mentioned how Mexicans, which are the immigrants, bring cartels or danger to the United States, therefore he targets the mexicans. To add on another thing mentioned in the article was how having the US military attack Mexican cartels could have a negative impact on the US nation’s security and immigration system and fail to address the main problems. This article helps to support my topic because this is a clear example of how people go to great lengths to get rid of illegal immigrants in america. It also supports my question to why vivek ramaway wants to deport people of undocumented parents.