HW 2.1

I think what James Baldwin is portraying in the article, ā€œA Talk to Teachersā€ is to encourage young students to expand their knowledge beyond the education system. He talks about this world beingĀ  dangerous and that we are currently living in a dangerous time period. James Baldwin gives us his perspective of what he thinks the entire purpose of education is.ā€œChildren, not yet aware that it is dangerous to look too deeply at anything, look at everything, look at each other, and draw their own conclusionsā€. When he says ā€œThe world is largerā€Ā  he is stating that you can go beyond the knowledge that this world providesĀ  us. That there is so much more to learn than what students are taught. Students are taught to learn a limited amount and usually not beyond than that.Ā  James Baldwin tells us otherwise, that those arenā€™t their only options. He says that there is so much more in this world other than what you are taught in this education system.

He wants young children to understand that if they have a curiosity to look into their pursuits and thait there is no limits to learning new things. Something that I was wish I was taught in school is anything related to finances, banks, bank accounts, loans, credit cards etc. I did learn the basics in highschool, I had a economics class but that didnā€™t really cover all of my concerns. I also wish i was taught on housing and renting. I feel like these thingsĀ  are very important things to have an understanding of for when we are on our own in adult life.Ā