Home Work 1.3

What an educational narrative consists of are personal life experiences, controversial topics and your stand on them, a person’s way of working through their challenges and the way it helped shape who they are. The education system is a part of every student’s life and every student has a different experience. The system has helped children and young adults learn so they can be someone in this world. Altho many students have their different experiences the system has helped students build interest and that plays a part in the person they want to be in the future.
  They are narratives that give different perspectives on topics. A place to start my educational essay would be writing about my background and my experience with having only Spanish speaking parents in the U.S, this really affected my education journey. At a young age it was only limited the amount of help I could get from my parents with the homework I had from school. I remember I had a really hard time in school and that led my parents to get a tutor for me since they also realized the limited amount of help they could provide me with. Having a tutor not only helped me build my commuting English skills but it led me to be more confident in science, math and I was approaching a stage where I was becoming comfortable with approaching homework and school readings by myself. As stated this tutor  helped a lot but I was attending a bilingual school that allowed me to at least speak Spanish but my family moved and I had to transfer to a fully English speaking school and it felt like a step backwards for my educational journey. This was very different and difficult. I think back to the moments where me and my mother would stay up very late translating homework’s and trying to figure out how to make friends and communicate school by myself I had ESL classes which helped me be able to find a way through English and without knowing I was reading speaking and writing English with little to no trouble, while being able to manage speaking only Spanish at home.
With my experience the educational system in NYC is really helpful with us students who enter school with little to no English experience. They do their best to provide students with the tools they need to succeed in a world where speaking English seems and is like a survival skill to have. I don’t have any questions about writing a educational narrative.