Homework 1.2

After reading the article “How to read like a writer” by Mike Bunn, we can easily identify his main point of view and his suggestions for us, as a reader(s). “Instead of reading for content or to better understand the ideas in the writing you are trying to understand how the piece of writing was put together by the author and what you can learn about writing by reading as a particular text.” By that Mike Bunn wants us to read as if we are the writers, to get into the novels / articles deeper and understand why the author made or maybe didn’t make a specific choice. Some of the things that I am as an author of my life do is set up the reminder’s app for all of the upcoming events and things to do through the week. It helps me to keep track of things and have a better understanding of how much time the specific thing will take me, i find it really useful in my everyday life. Also maybe sound a little weird but I also do vision boards, for a better understanding it is basically album of pictures that have a certain goal in them which I want to recreate at some point of life. In Mike Bunn’s article I found interesting these recommendations that I would want to use in a future reading, it is the questions to ask yourself beforehand reading through anything “Do you know the author’s purpose for this piece of writing?” and “Do you know who the intended audience is for this piece of writing ” page 7. Those questions in my point of view will lead you into digging deeper while reading and as well as writing, if i would be an author of an essay or an article I would ask myself those questions and my piece of writing will have more richer and fulfilling information than usual.  Post made by Iuliia Khutsishvili (Julia).