In the beginning of this semester,  as a reader, writer, and scholar.  I have a lot of problems with it. Right now, I see my weak point. For example, sometimes I read the book, but I scan the content about the book. I don’t know the deep meaning and can’t not use it in real life. So, I think I am not a good reader in the beginning of the class. Looking back at my work for this semester, I feel it is not a good article for writing. I make a lot of mistakes in those writings. The most and large problem is digress into a point and no main idea. Why do I say that, because when I read something at home to do the homework, I will think and come up with many ideas for the reading. However, I can’t pick up one of the ideas I am writing, in the end I put all the stuff on to my work. Now, I will write about my main idea at the top of the work. This is the first year for me in college, I thought it would be like high school class to teach the students. The COVID-19 changes all the things, all classes are remote. I have never had this class. We don’t need to have a class face to face with the teacher. Instead, we did all the work on OpenLab. This is a terrific experience and relieved my depression. The changes in my writing (and reading and thinking) as the genres changed is complicated to simplify everything. I try to write all the details, but it is impossible to make an in-depth essay. At the end of semester, I understood that in the beginning of the english class, my essay could not achieve the college level, and the style is the high school use to write common core. In this class, one thing that the teacher asked us to explore is that everyone has their own different views and perceptions. I understand different ways of presenting different information, thoughts and emotions such as texts, articles, podcasts, etc.

For students studying this course in the next semester, I would suggest that they give themselves some time to find their own shortcomings when exploring writing, even if they think their writing is good. And do your best in all your work.