Prof. Miller| ENG 1101 - OL62 | Fall 2020

“Micro-Activity # 1: Introductions”

My name is Lorena and I am a pretty nervous freshman. I like to read and write, I am very into romance novels and biography of people.  As a freshman I am worried about how remote learning will be with college because I am used to being in a setting with other people around. I want to eventually become a nurse to be able to help out people. Even though I’m entering a new chapter in life with chaotic times, I am still keeping a positive attitude since I know that I am not the only one that is going to be introduced to this environment. One thing that does concern me would be the fact that OpenLab is new to me and it can most likely take a while for me to get the hang of it.

1. Prof. Suzanne Miller

Hi Lorena,

I want you to know I see this post. I will read it soon! I just wanted you to know that your posts and comments are coming through just fine.
    Prof. Miller

• Prof. Suzanne Miller

Hi Lorena,
      You are doing great so far! Yes, it will take some time to get the hang of OpenLab. This is my first time using it in this way. I’ve used it as a tool before, but never to teach the entire class. We are learning together.

It’s great that you like to read and write… that’s what this class is all about. Reading, writing, and thinking. Coming up with new ideas & thinking about things from different perspectives are also key elements of this class. Welcome!