Prof. Miller| ENG 1101 - OL62 | Fall 2020

Micro-Activity # 1: Introductions

Three things that caught my attention on the syllabus would definitely have to be the format of the Grading Policy, The Amount of Work we receive weekly as well as the means of which the Attendance will be taken. Compared to high school the college grading policy is much more strict with 15% for each unit and then a reflection at the end but that is what is to be expected from a college. Although it is much more strict I find it to be manageable during these times it is especially. The same for the Work Load being 2 assignments per week I believe anyone could manage this amount of work but then again it’s only the first 2 days so this could change. In terms of attendance I thought there would be meetings for attendance and discussion understandably there aren’t any because the assignments count as attendance every time they’re completed on time. And last but not least i find it very convenient that you can use an online book for the class.

1. Prof. Suzanne Miller

Hi Krista,

Thanks for your comments! Although we won’t be meeting in a video class format, there will be several opportunities to meet online via video or voice chat…

The first opportunity is tomorrow during my Office Hours, which will be on Wednesdays between 2 & 4pm. I will be sending a link out tomorrow (Wed. 9/2) at about 1:45pm inviting students to drop in and see me between 2-4pm.

So, if that time is good for you– plan to come for 10-15 minutes (any time between 2 & 4) and I can see you or talk to you in person! If that’s not a good time, don’t worry, there will be other opportunities.