Week 3

The culture of this internship is very informal, I think mostly because of the way that everything came about. Although we are working together, it somehow feels like less pressure, maybe because I already know her. For me this is great because I personally do not do well in high pressure situations. Since this is a remote internship that is directly with an owner it is a lot less structured. When she expressed what she wanted, we set some loose targets of what should be done by when, and we will reassess and readjust as needed. A lot of the time, she will ask me to look into some information because she doesn’t have a ton of experience with lux branding and everything that goes with it, so it really both of us learning together, as well as doing a lot of my own individual research which is really cool in my opinion. 

When it comes to working set hours, it isn’t necessarily something that we put set hours to, rather she and I will research and I will do the individual work I have to, and then we will meet once a week for anywhere from an hour to a few hours to discuss what were researching, what she is thinking, expecting, etc. presenting ideas and figuring things out together which I love. I think it’s a unique experience because even though she knows what she wants, she really wants to learn, and wants me to learn as well together with her, even though it’s on a design front. 

For communication, we will generally communicate via whatsapp or email, and we will meet via zoom generally. Right now, I have an education Miro account which is fantastic, so I use that space for me to brainstorm and figure things out individually as well as well as some notes on any important questions that need to be answered.