Week 6

This week I’ve started working on logo sketches for Natalie’s Collins Bay Brand based off of the Pinterest board that we compiled. I’m also looking into fonts that we could possibly use and eventually purchase that isn’t too much if the need to arise. Something else I’ve been doing some research on this week are possible color choices for the brand. I’m trying to envision how certain color combinations can be used in the overall branding to not be too overwhelming to the pieces that she will be making, and complement the overall “feel” that she’s wanting for the brand.

I’ve been finding it kind of difficult to some up with some logo marks that don’t seem super obvious, so that it doesn’t get mistaken for something already out there if the need to arise for her to use just the mark by itself. I’m leaning towards more of abstract mark, and I think that used together it will look distinct, but I really need to think about them being used separately so therein lies my struggle. I’m also contemplating presenting a unique monogram as an option that she may not have thought about because they can be very distinct and have a very luxurious, high-end feel.

Later on this week I will be narrowing down the choices to just a few and start creating them in illustrator.