Week 2

Working on this new venture with Natalie, the Owner of Sew Bouje,  is very exciting. It’s interesting to hear her vision for the new brand and the brand morals in a different country. My role is interesting as well because I’m seeing that it is going to be very much like freelance in terms of researching what it takes to make a “luxury brand” work before even presenting to her, getting the well rounded information of what she invisions for the brand and digging deeper, making sure that we both have the same understanding of her needs and how to go about it, and then executing the branding, logo creation and website. If time allots, I will also be helping her with social media templates, and reaching out to possible vendors for any packaging related to her new brand Collins Bay.

The story of how I came about this internship is actually kinda interesting. Years ago I went down to Barbados with my dad and he knew her. He introduced me because at the time I used to hand-dye silk and she was thinking about creating some custom pieces potentially when she saw some of my work. All of these years I would stay in contact with her, sometimes with very mundane things, and wishing her happy holidays. At one point I had asked her how her business was going and she told me it was going well, but that she was thinking about starting a new venture. Through the years, she knew that I was going to school for graphic design and asked if I’d like to help her launch her new brand. I had asked her if she had a timeline for when she wanted to get this started or done, to which she responded no but since she had already seen what I had done years ago with silk, that she’d like to work with me on this project as well. That was at the end of last semester, so I told her that I had an internship class coming up for the next semester and that we would potentially be able to work together then. Fastforward, for internship, now we are working together on her brand. Working around her schedule means working kinda off hours, but I don’t mind at all.