Observation on Learning

My little nephew, who is about 3 years old, would always follow me around and ask what is it that I am doing. I remember one day I was washing the plates, since I have chores. He asked me why I was washing the plates, since he didn’t know what it was that I was doing. I explained to him that we need to keep the plates clean so we could eat, he would ask me this every day and little by little he would start getting the hang of what it was to clean plates. I saw him at one point, he wanted to clean his plate so he went to the kitchen, and he started putting water on the plate and washing it with his hand, granted he’s a baby so he still doesn’t know how to clean the way grown ups do. there were still bits of food stuck to the plate,  he was there for a while and I asked him if he needed help, he said he couldn’t do it, so I proceeded to use the sponge and I saw the way his eyes lit up like he just saw magic for the first time. The food wiped away by some object that absorbs water, he’s like a sponge in a way too, he’s learned so many things and absorbed them in a relatively short amount of time. Still, it was amazing to see him absorb this information and try to clean the plate for himself. Needless to say, every time I have to clean piles of plates at the end of the day, he always helps me clean them. At the age of 3, he doesn’t really know to clean plates properly, but its remarkable to see the progress he’s made with only about a weeks worth of explaining the art of cleaning.

One thought on “Observation on Learning

1. I am confused by this posting. I have you listed as part of a group that includes Bah, Muhammed and Saif. I gave you 42/50 for what was reported in the conjoint posting.

Please clarify what has happened here in an email to me.