Categories
Unit 3

Pitches

In the Writing Assignment #3 I would like to further develop the topic “The Impact of Covid-19 on Future Architecture”. The genre I chose would be an imaginary dialog between a pretty “skeptical” interviewer and famous people of the field. The interviewees of different time periods and countries would be introduced according to their professions and achievements. They would answer these questions according to research I have done in Unit 2. Some answers would include the descriptions of new conceptual buildings, specifically developed for post-Covid period.

The main points of the interview would include such questions as:

• Have architects already experienced a post-pandemic circumstances and how has architecture adapted to them?
  • Would new developments mainly be focused on urban lifestyle or move to rural areas?
  • How would the architecture of residential houses and commercial spaces change?
  • What new technologies in architectural field would help to fight the spread of Covid-19 and maintain the safe environment?
  • How would the architecture of hospitals change?
  • How would cities change?
  • Do architects think they can help to fight Covid-19 circumstances?

The main goal of my assignment is to reach a broad variety of readers, and question-answer genre, in my opinion, would be the most understanding and engaging. Such interview can be an example of a Podcast episode or an entertainment show.