Categories
Discussions Weekly Assignments

” Shitty first drafts”

After reading Lamott’s process my writing views have not changed as much. Simply because our writing styles are similar; When creating a first draft similar to Lamott one would naturally create an idea page where you write down any ideas, any feelings towards these ideas, and whatever else my be valuable to creating a successful draft in the end. The point that Lamott makes is that every writer goes through a process to create the perfect text. She specifically has her own methods where she takes a few steps in writing to ensure everything is perfect to her. She creates 3 separate drafts in which the first one is addressed as the trashy one, the second draft is used to start cleaning up ideas and actually putting the thoughts together and begin writing. The 3rd draft is the final draft that is written, cleaned up and ready to publish at last, and by creating these 3 drafts it allows the writer to put together an amazing piece. While reading the text I realize that my writing styles are very much similar to Lamott’s and therefore I feel as though I can continue to use the same process towards my own writing pieces.