Categories
Discussions Intro

Intro

The best word I could use to describe exactly how I’m feeling is anxious. I’m experiencing a feeling of excitement but at the same time nervous about this new venture. This is extremely new for me, especially because I’m from Jamaica where the teaching structure is centered around the British system. I have been accustomed to the traditionally way of schooling in the sense that everything is done in the classroom, therefore transitioning to remote learning will require some adjusting. In spite of me experiencing a little anxiety being an online student, I’m gracefully and graciously embracing this change. As Kakuzo Okakura said, “The art of life lies in a constant readjusting to our surroundings.”

The picture above is the Blue-Lagoon in Iceland and it means a lot to me because I can vividly remember wanting to visit since I was merely a child.  I was taken aback by the beauty it exudes and this for me was like magic on earth. Last year that dream was about to come to reality had it not been for Covid-19.  Whenever I see this picture, it makes me hopeful for the future as I am reminded that amidst of all the chaos, loses and challenges that may arise in our lives, there lies so much beauty that’s waiting to encompass us.

1 reply on “Intro”