Journal Entry #6

My Self Evaluation

The first day i or the day i was being interviewed, i thought i would be doing some crazy designs for the company. Like making a design and slapping it on a company’s bag. Of course i didn’t think about the whole bag but that’s not the point. So for most of the internship i thought i will be making a design and placing it on a bag but i was suppose to be designing the whole bag.I adjusted and start designing the whole bag, it wasn’t as fun as making designs for the bag but it started to do my job properly. It got super stale after awhile, most of the stuff i was doing was very easy to do very basic stuff. Like for instance after i stop making designs and putting it on a bags it seem like i was just changing colors of bags and handles or just placing logos on bags. I wanted something more challenging, something that make me work, something that will make me better as a designer even though i’m a illustrator.

This lead into a another self evaluation, listen to what the interviewer say and dont blank out mid sentence are else i will be designing bags. I mean there’s nothing wrong with designing bags but it’s not for me.