Cooper Hewitt

The Trip to the Cooper Hewitt museum was alright, i liked it. It was interactive not like the other museums i went to, i usually just skim the stuff in the museum before a crowd gets there.I don’t remember the name of the two exhibits but i can vaguely remember what was on each floor. The first floor was about posters i think it was called “How Posters Work”. It focus on production, i’m saying this because i was in a room where it was all about printing. I knew what silkscreen was so i assume the rest had something to do with printing. Lithography was another one i saw i don’t remember the others but some of the poster on the wall look like it was painted so the rest of printing equipment can reproduce hand painted posters. The other posters was stuff you see in textbooks and what you briefly go over in art history class. The second floor i don’t know the name of that exhibit but the second floor had the room with wallpaper projected on the wall. Most of my attention went to the rooms furthest from the wallpaper room, it had a decent amount of old paintings in there. i spent most of my time in that room but unfortunately i didn’t get any on the pen. The pen thingy was kinda too close to the art and i’m not trying to knock something off the wall, almost happened before. The third floor was architexture i didn’t know the exact name for the exhibit either but i glanced at a couple thing. i don’t know much about architecture so most people would think “hey why not look you might learn something” but if i don’t know what i’m looking at in comparison to the posters and paintings i just zone out. I could try to put my hand on my chin tilt my head to the side and look all perplexed as long as i want i usually start zoning thinking about food or weather ducks have knees.  

I picked out some stuff one was the DRAWING, DESIGN FOR CHINOISERIE WALL DECORATION. it was pen and ink drawing so i was interested already, i kinda know how they did it but i’m more interested on how they got the pink color but whatever. it was done in the 1700s by an architect, i have alway realise that most architects can draw better than most but that’s the conclusion i come up with after a few years.

Yea the second thing i got from the exhibit was a poster but this poster if i remember correctly was on the second floor and not on the first with the other posters i don’t know why. It was wood cut from the 1960s,BLOWING IN THE MIND/MISTER TAMBOURINE MAN. I don’t know who is the person in the poster i assume it was Bob Dylan or something. Everybody loves Bob Dylan.It had gold so that was cool.

34746_d394217b956adc22_b 94330_2d22217a1291e6c8_b 1587_16e0273f55fbcc35_b 3523_4ea78776db5605bc_b 45411_fcee218a5fc7c64c_b 90437_486ea1a7ba7d294a_sq 90750_7c056c47435fe58c_b 156952_6882547c3647d7d8_b 182030_d2944d91be5b2ba6_b