Journal Entry 7

Journal 7

Did i consider someone at the internship or anyone at any of my past internships a mentor? i didn’t find anybody as a mentor. I’m assume that for someone to be a mentor you have to look up to them and want to be in their place someday. None of my supervisors or anybody around me (other than other interns) was a designer and even if i just look at it in a general sense like i want to be as successful as them one day i still can’t really say because i worked in all startups or new companies. From that i can only draw the fact that they kinda jumped out the window by going out and starting their own business. I have notice the same personality with all them, that they had a very frantic attitude, as if they never rested.Like they are at the end of the school year and they didnt do their homework or internship journals. They were very organized and seem like they planned it properly ( there daily work) and i don’t want to be in that situation later on in my career. i understand that they are the boss or close to it but do i consider anybody as a mentor in my last internship no, or maybe the dog that i seen in the office the last day, he was chilling the whole day. He walked in with a plan, walk around , eat stuff from strangers and follow the kid with the hat to the bathroom.