Journal 3

The work attire for my internship is informal. We can dress in t-shirts and shorts if we wanted to. We dress comfortable for work because we’re sitting in front of the computers all day. My work station consists of a desk and my macbook laptop. In this open work area, we all have desks with computers. There’s an additional desk with printers, cutters, fax machines and an office phone. We also have a little brunch area with a kitchen, table, microwave, napkins, etc. There is a wall with all of all the designs with errors that Go Print Art has done. Ron keeps this as remembrance of what didn’t work as a design. Some of the flyers, posters and business cards weren’t final designs. The typical workday consists of working until a design is completed. We can take lunch at anytime or take a walk just to get away from the computer for a little. I was always attached to the computer and never wanted to take a break, but I see a walk or stretch is a necessity for the brain and body. I am learning more and more with this company. I feel connected already because I am designing with a City Tech Alumni. It makes me hopeful to see someone from City Tech who has become successful.

Welcome to the Graphik World!