Journal 2

My role of the company I am interning for is assistant designer. I am assigned work from the Lead Designer (Ron Lochard) based on his clientele. If he has a client that needs a flyer, I will create a flyer based on what the client wants. This goes for any artwork that’s needed. I came upon this internship when I was in the hair salon getting my hair done. Their promoter handed me their business card and I asked if they were hiring. The next day I met with Ron and found out he was a City Tech Alumni. This made me even more interested because now I know that if he can become successful, so can I when I graduate this semester. I was hired the next day. He wanted me to start on the spot. He sent me a business card that he designed for a client and wanted me to design one just to see where my art direction skills were. I designed the same day and sent it back to him and he loved it. On the interview he asked me if I was familiar with designing and printing terms? He also asked me what programs was I most fluent in and on a number from 1-10 what is my strongest program?

Welcome to the Graphik World!