Journal 10

During my internship I met a guy named Malik from Brooklyn. Malik is a fashion designer who owns his own boutique. I had the privilege of meeting this guy while I was with my cousin. When I met him in his shop, I looked at all of his work and told him I was a graphic designer. I always try to network anywhere I go. Malik told me he needed a graphic designer and told me to meet him the next day with some of my work. I returned the next day to show him my portfolio and he was impressed. We spoke about quality and even though he isn’t a graphic designer, his work ethic stood out to me. He told me everyday he wakes up at 5am thinking about ideas for new products and materials to make new clothing. I admired this because throughout the semester I kept myself up knowing there was always someone working to become better at what they do. Malik is a someone I look up to. I do not want to be like him because I always want to be better and different. Meeting him has opened my eyes as far as working. I put more time into my work and designs. If I’m ever feeling a certain way about designs I know he’s a person I can talk to for input. I am very grateful to have met him.

images-1 images IMG_0353

578790_379630902103214_121868300_n

Welcome to the Graphik World!