Professor Poirier | D366 | Spring 2024

OpenLab assignment: time machine

Due Wednesday, May 22

Congratulations on making it to the end of the semester! Do you feel like a different person from who you were at the beginning of the semester??? You’re so much more knowledgeable and mature!

For this assignment, pretend you could get into a time machine and visit yourself from January. What do you know now that you wish you knew then? Write a letter to deliver to your past self explaining how this semester went for you and how you figured out what it takes to succeed in this class. Include any tips you have for your past self and anything you wish you had done differently semester this semester. How would you motivate your past self to work hard for their upcoming 17 weeks? What do you want your past self to know about where you are now?

Submit your letter as a comment on this post. Your letters may be used for future students of this class!

You may submit your comment any time you like, but if you submit it by 11:59pm on Wednesday, May 22, you will earn one more participation point.

1. Francisco Cardenas

Hello Past self its me from the future. Not that much has changed to be honest but at least you’re still handsome. Here are a couple of things you should do and please do them. First of all, I know it took you a while to log into open lab but please try your best to do it as early as you can. Not being able to track how many participation points you have is a pain. Next, I want you to click on the grades section in web work. I don’t know how but I didn’t know this existed until not too long ago so please do that. Itl will help you keep track of your webwork grade. Another thing is to go the teacher every time your having trouble with the web work. Some of them are an absolute pain no matter how hard you try so do that. All in all try and study a bit more and you’ll be fine.

2. Jordan Britt

hello past self, To be honest I don’t know what to say. I’m proud the fact you took the challenge to learn trigonometry again, I wish you’d did better on the first test but hey, you can’t be perfect you know. But I’m glad you took the step to comeback to strengthen your weaknesses. Also learn to study better!!!!!!

3. MarisaMira

Hi past me, I want to say I am very proud of you for your dedication starting this semester. There will be a big curveball thrown your way at the very start and that is not your fault. Try your best to keep up with the assignments from home so that you are not completely behind. Do not lock yourself away and push forward!

4. hbhola

Well hello there my past self, I’m very proud of you actually getting work done this semester and being on top of WebWork as best as you could. If you could, maybe sometime earlier in the semester do 2-3 extra webworks to lessen the load for me right now. Review your notes and do extra practice problems to make sure the information sticks so review is actually review and definitely keep it up. You made it through one semester and I am very proud of you. Continue to grow, place more emphasis on studying and enjoy where the path takes you. Good luck!

5. Jahier

Wassup me from the past. Good job on making it this far. Make sure you take extra time out of your day to study and to complete webwork assignments. Good luck on the final test, your going to need it!

6. Katherine Keon

Hello past self, I’m proud of you for making the decision to take this course and challenge yourself because I know math isn’t your strongest subject. I wish you would’ve studied a bit harder for your first exam but we learn and move forward!! I know all the exams seem intimidating but set aside some time every day to review everything you’ve learned and try to retain as much of it as possible. Don’t neglect your webwork assignments because they’re actually a great resource for studying. Continue to work hard and I wish you the best of luck for the rest of the semester!

7. Virendra Mohandeo

I think that i would first tell my self to take the webwork serious. And what i would say to motivate myself is study hard because this is your future. I would want my pass self to that you are capable of learning the assignments and that you can do this. I think throughout the semester there was some points i just got lost but their was also some points that i found hope. And i should have just been confident in my abilities and throughout the class. But studying and doing work for the finals really helped me.

8. Sara Hypolite

Definitely would tell myself to start working from day one. Review the material daily because as we know, practice is crucial for success.