Professor Poirier | D366 | Spring 2024

OpenLab assignment: crowd-sourced Test #1 review

OpenLab post due Sunday, February 25

Test #1 is scheduled for Wednesday, February 28. As a class, you will create a review sheet here on the OpenLab. Each student will solve one problem and post their full solution on the OpenLab. You may take a photo of your hand-written work and place it directly in your post, or you may upload it to Dropbox or Google drive (or some other file-sharing platform) and copy-paste the link to your photo in your OpenLab post.

Topics:

• Chapters 1-7
  • Make sure all the topics are represented; don’t solve a problem that one of your classmates has already posted the solution for.

Resources: choose one problem to solve from:

Your post must include:

1. Where you found the problem (for example, “Final exam review sheet #3(c)”)
  2. Your complete solution, showing all your work
  3. Title: Test #1 Review
  4. Category: Test #1 Review

1. Ramses Suarez Valerio

I chose to tackle problem 7.4 a) from the “THIRD EDITION PRECALCULUS” by Thomas Tradler and Holly Carley as a personal challenge. Division has always been a hurdle for me, and adding equations into the mix escalates the complexity. This problem stood out as an opportunity to push my boundaries and enhance my understanding of these mathematical concepts.

I’ve uploaded my work to my personal website, which, although still under development, has proven to be a valuable resource for my college assignments. I highly recommend my classmates consider using a personal website as well; it’s a great way to organize and share your academic work.

My site:

https://sites.google.com/d/15ihs0bQejshGujN6M2ZtLuGy6kEHTjnq/p/1w6N3aG1W-xmtypPkeF0EVxV7mMk8C086/edit