Hello!

`My name is Madelyn Kelly, and this is my first semester as a transfer student at City Tech. I am currently majoring in Hospitality Management with the hopes of working as a chef in the Restaurant Industry.  I have been working in hospitality for about a year now, starting off as a cashier at a deli to eventually becoming the manager of a small cafe in my hometown. My dream is to open up my own vegetarian/plant-based restaurant one day.

Some of my personal strengths include being very self-motivated, reliable, and passionate about providing exceptional service to any and all customers encountered. I believe these are essential attributes to have in this industry because our job is centered around providing service to visitors or travelers just passing through. Our goal, as an industry, is to have the guests leave satisfied and convinced to return again in the future. It is also important, as an employee, to be self-motivated and passionate because it can be a strenuous and exhausting career but passion and motivation are what keeps you going every day.