May 25, 2021

To whoever joins creative writing,

My name is Jeffrey Hernandez and I’m currently majoring in Marketing Management and Sales. This is my last second semester here at The New York College of Technology. I just wanted to let you know, how amazing this course has been for me as it will be for you. 

This class has become an environment where you can express your feelings and thoughts freely without getting judgments. Especially creating writing with professor Jessica Penner, what an awesome professor, she was able to make every single assignment interesting and fun.

One of the fun activities I mostly enjoy was becoming a poetic person. We had an assignment to create poems. Poems is a piece of writing that partakes of the nature of both speech and song that nearly always rhythmical, usually metaphorical, and often exhibits such formal elements as meter, rhyme, and stanzaic structure. This is the activity where you can express your feeling like Shakespeare in a variety of ways.

Although in the beginning, I had some challenges from attending an online class. It was a bit complicated using Openlab for the first time. But professor J. Penner explained to me the ins and outs of it. To maintain your progress just ask any questions you have to the professor and submit the assignments before the due date, I recommend submitting them one day before it’s due. Also when you guys are grouped into cohorts make sure to ask for everyone’s e-mail or phone number this becomes helpful.

I have learned so many skills in this creative writing course. I have also learned my abilities towards my pieces. This class will help you in any career path you might want to follow. It has much significant knowledge about reading and life experiences. 

Sincerely,

J. Hernandez

Print this page