My short story experience wasn’t so bad. I was really apprehensive at first, because the last time I wrote a short story (that I can remember), was my sophomore year in high school and I ended up getting a 63. To be fair, it very likely deserved it, but I worked so hard on it, and was immensely satisfied with the result. I wrote it from the heart because I based it off a Youtube channel I’m a fan of, so to memory, everything was in-character. It was just… badly written. Nonetheless, that made me incredibly hesitant and made me play it safe with the first story.

In terms of the second story, I’ve always wanted to come up with a parody of the “Tears In the Rain” speech from Blade Runner ever since I first read about it. I never actually watched the scene until long after, so my first impression upon reading it was that it seems so “hammy”, so outrageously dramatic and hammy. So I wanted to come up with something that really juiced how gaudy and ridiculous the actual speech came across to me. I had ideas from long before, but I’ve forgotten the details, so the ending speech I made was completely improvised and I just kept adding to it as I thought of more things.

I thought that the speech would be set up best without any actual narration, and the idea of the story just seemed to make sense by being completely dialogue-driven. The intensity would be diluted otherwise. Much more experimental than my first idea. I’m sure I could’ve done much better, but I’m not mad at it at all.