I got my piggy bank as a sort of going away gift when I was leaving Ecuador to go back to New York. I’m not entirely sure when it was but i think it was 2009 or 2010, somewhere around that time. My mom’s cousins bought it for me because it was something that we saw in a magazine and we liked it. One of my mom’s cousins is two years older than me so we were really close. My piggy bank is a small, very pink pig with a sort of rubbery detachable nose. It smells like money now because of the coins and it looks super cute. I have always loved it and I still use it up to this day. 

To be honest it doesn’t hold value because they gave it to me, it’s more that I just love the look of it. It is one of the things that I still have from my childhood and it is still in good condition. I guess it is something that I cherish because it is one of the things I still have from when I was younger. So I guess it went from having no meaning to getting a meaning overtime. This object shows that I value both the object and the money inside. The last time I checked the piggy bank, I managed to gather about twenty dollars. And it’s a small piggy bank. 

The best reward that I get from owning that piggy bank is that I am always surprised to see how much money I gather. I’m always happy about that. You know that feeling when you think you’re poor but then you find like ten dollars somewhere. It’s great. I wouldn’t give my piggy bank to anyone to be honest. Unless I die, that piggy bank is not going anywhere.