My snow boots were very important to me; they hold very fond memories of the cold snowy winters I have gotten to experience. They were white, mid calf, waterproof, with a fluffy gray interior. I had gotten them from a Payless shoes store in Queens center mall with my best friend. I never knew how much I would like these boots when I first bought them. I had them for approximately 8 Winters before the wear and tear became too great to continue wearing them out. This is my first winter with new boots and it takes some getting used to.

I will always have wonderful memories of the winters with these boots because of the activities that accompany the season. The boots have seen me through snow, ice, slush, and the greyish black snow that occurs in the city streets. The Adventures I have taken with my boots have not been limited to just the city but have extended to parts of Upstate New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Vermont. So when it was time to get rid of them this past spring, it was a difficult task that made me reminisce of all the time that these boots have seen me through. 

My favorite activities the boots have seen me through is sledding, skiing, and snow tubing. These are the things I look forward to in the start of each new winter. The adjustment of new shoes has been slow and steady and I think one day I will be fully comfortable with them. Getting rid of my old pair was a necessary evil but all good things must come to an end. I had the intention of reordering the same pair online. I came to the sad realization that they had been discontinued. It was a sorrowful day for me. I believe that with every end comes a new beginning even though I had to discard something with nostalgic value, I look forward to the new adventures I will make. My white, mid calf, waterproof  boots will always hold a special place in my heart.