Prof. Jessica Penner | OL10 | Spring 2021

Nadrea Pereira Tyndall, Meet My Bed

Your probably wondering if I’m going to put you to sleep from my title but I promise that you’ll be wide awake as you read this. A bed? you ask, yes meet my bed. A place where I not only rest my head but it’s my own mini compartment. Often times, when I’m at home, I’m in my bed most of the time. I consider my bed as a safe a haven.

I have a bunk bed that I share with my sister, I’m on the top and she’s on the bottom. Originally, when we first got our bunk bed it was the regular color of wood but then my mom wanted it to be brown, so our dad painted it brown. My bed is where I write, read, and where I study as well. I relax and enjoy watching movies and shows on my bed. I find comfort and relaxation on my bed. I think a lot and come up with a lot ideas on my bed. I also keep little notes and words affirmations on my bed for daily encouragement for myself. I always look forward to climbing onto to my bed because I know that I won’t only get rest but I’ll find relief in being in my bed. I also like the wall behind my bed, so that’s another reason why most of the time I’m on my bed when I’m on zoom calls. I love that I’m able to have my own little space, where I’m able to do all that I need in space where I enjoy.

This might be a little unusual but it’s something that I wanted to share with you all and thank you for taking the time out to meet my bed.

1. Michelle

I understand you completely. When i am in bed, many ideas come to mind buts whats funny is that when i wake up i tend to forget about them. Then i go back to bed and suddenly i remember again. Its good that you added that you liked your bed for more reasons than just sleeping.

• NadreaPT

I’m glad that you don’t think it’s weird lol but yes, so many ideas do come to mind. Thank you for sharing this with me.

2. Aaron Moore

Very interesting. Bedrooms, and especially beds themselves, can very much be one’s own personal world away from the world, and your story very much embodies that. Knowing that you have the top bunk, is it scary? I have a fear of heights and also a singular bad experience of attempting to sleep on a top bunk.

• NadreaPT

That true! I kinda consider it my own mini world. No not all, at first when I got I had to adjust to it because before I had a singular bed. It’s not that high, it actually depends on how your room is. Ah man, I’m sorry to hear that

3. NadreaPT

lol yeah, I try to at least stay up when I’m on my bed and I’m reading or writing. Right! Thank you for sharing with me.