Dear future creative students,

Hi, my name is Amani and I am currently in the ending of my sophomore year of college. Let me start by telling you I had NO intentions of taking another English class. I was completely over with having to write several long essays, making presentations, reading books I could care less about, and… You already know how the rest of English classes go. I actually decided to take this class probably a week before classes started in the spring and luckily got the last seat available! This class has gone far past what I imagined it to be. 

The topics you’ll get to cover are interesting and actually fun to complete. You’ll be writing about memoirs, short stories, journals, and so on. My favorite topic we covered was poetry and no, it was not one of those insanely difficult poems to read or even create. I enjoyed having the freedom to write a poem on anything I wanted. It let my mind roam free and it helped me create pieces that were true to my life or feelings. It also allowed my readers to be creative letting their minds depict any hidden meanings they thought may have been there.

Being an online student sure was not easy, but what other choice did we have? There’s no better place to be in the classroom when it comes to learning. Surely enough though Professor Penner was always on zoom calls happy as ever, bringing great energy to the class. To get through the sometimes dreaded zoom call blues because of being overwhelmed or tired, just always keep in mind what you want in the end… that degree! 

Overall this class has helped me step out of my comfort zone and inspired me to even purchase my own journal to continue writing from here on out. I can assure you, you will enjoy this class and assignments don’t really feel like assignments.