It’s  really early in the morning and Isabella is really excited for her trip. This is her first time traveling for the first time in 4 years, she needs it, it is almost the holidays, she is going to spend her Christmas and New Years outside New York for the first time in years. She heard that since it’s the holidays, the airport it’s really crowded. She is getting ready finding her most comfy clothes posible and you can tell that something feels off. While she is getting ready, she is thinking, she should check her luggage one more time to make sure everything is okay, and apparently it does look good at the moment.  This is her first time traveling as a young adult so she was being precautious with her luggage, specially she was aware that on the holidays the airports are really crowded, it’s the holidays everyone wants to travel and visit their family.

She was going to leave for the airport from her friend’s house, while she was heading to her friend’s house she was thinking how stressful it was going to be because people in the airport seemed like a nightmare. She was not caring a lot of think so one of her bags was somehow empty, her friend Vicky need it space for some of her stuff, Vicky ask Isabella: 

Vicky: hey it’s it okay if i put some things in your bag? You know so I don’t get charged more for the extra stuff.

Isabella: sure! But I mean we would have to arrange some things in the bag so they fit better. 

Vicky: thank you so much!.

While Isabella and Vicky started to organize her things they were talking and being a little distracted and while exchanging things and putting all bags in the living before leaving, some personal items went into the big bags meaning the cargo bags by mistake, and few minutes went by when her ride and other friend Mirko arrive, Mirko could heard the girls running and saying “lets go, go they are here” and he look confuse from how messy it sounded, so he knock the door slowly, and Isabella answer,

Isabella: hey, sorry we got messy in here but we changed a few things in our bags.

Mirko: so… everything okay? (quietly and still confuse, while looking the inside) 

Isabella: Yeah sure… so let’s go!… Vicky move, let’s try to be in the airport early, so we get ice coffee or something. 

Vicky: yes, yes, yes, okay I get it… oh hi Mirko.

Mirko: hi…!

They all start putting the bags on the car ready to leave, and that was the moment, where Isabella smiled and realized she was having a break, and finally going to a place she hasn’t seen in years. While on the road to the airport Isabella decided to put some music, and it was almost sunset. The sun was hitting their faces while they were all in the car with a shiny face and smile. They all were having a moment of peace, the song “Breezeblocks” was sounding in the background, at that moment of peace Isabella get a text from the airline

Isabella: Guys… I just got a text from the airline… and it said that… THE FLIGHT GOT DELAYED… OH COMMON… 

Vicky: WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS? 

Mirko: Lets relax it might not be that bad…

Vicky: SHUT UP MIRKO!

Mirko: Jesus… just trying to be positive… 

Isabella: Yeah whatever… it’s just 30 minutes, not that bad.

They changed the topic of their conversations of what they were getting when they arrived to the airport, they finally get and Isabella, looks around to see how the situation was, she look at the car side window and saw how many cars were behind, it was bad, they unloaded everything and got inside, and Mirko was just standing there paralyze while Isabella and Vicky approach him 

Isabella: What’s wrong? 

Mirko did not respond he just keep staring and at Isabella and Vicky looked at the direction he was looking,

Isabella: oh God… 

it was so horribly crowded there was people everywhere full families, endless lines to check up, but luckily that past and they got to there waiting place and Isabella look tired she was resting in a chair with hear headphone, Vicky was ready, and Mirko playing on his phone, when at that moment, Isabella’s song was interrupted by a text:

Isabella: are you kidding me…

Vicky: what’s wrong… 

Isabella: the flight is delayed by 4 hours, in total… 

There was not an actual reaction, they all looked so discouraged, especially since it was her first time traveling in a while.

4 hours went by and it was finally time to board but the door was change due to the delay, they all seated separated, while Isabella was walking to her seat she saw she was separated from her friends when she got to her chair, she saw a guy around her age, 

Guy: hi… 

Isabela: hey… 

Probably the most awkward exchange in words, they both seem tired. Isabella got up a little and saw how far her friends were from. 

Everything seem fine, they were inside the airplane, and the plane started to take up it was late at night you could see New York City, the guy next to Isabella look so amaze by the view 

Guy: You want to see the lights? 

Isabella: yeah sure… I mean I haven’t seen it in a while.

Guy: okay… (he giggles)

And the minutes went by and you could not see anything, and just like that everyone in the plane was sleeping and they finally got to El salvador Isabella woke up from the short nap and at the same time the guy next to her did and they start having a small conversation 

Guy: So tired…? 

Isabella: yes, a lot actually, you? 

Guy: same, but I can’t wait to enjoy the place, and you? 

Isabella: well yes, I want to get home and sleep properly. Oh and if you don’t mind me asking from part of New York or jersey are you? 

Guy: I’m not not from the U.S actually I came from Italy, I study there, well I’m Salvadorian and I was just stopped over here, to take the second plane here. What about you? You from New York? 

Isabella: Yes I am. So great study in Italy. I was actually born in New york. 

Guy: New york looks so great I would like to visit in the future. 

Isabella: You definitely should! What- 

Isabella looked up and it was Mirko and Vicky smiling because they finally landed, even though it was like 3:00am. Isabella was happy to seem them, she got up her chair took her hand bag and went to them but when she look back she didn’t saw the guy sitting next to her, he disappear into the plane crow 

after going trough all the paper work when someone lands, Vicky was excited to get the bag and Mirko went to get the bags with Vicky, while Isabella looked everywhere. 

Isabella was so distracted but she finally saw the guys far away and when she was going to start walking to ask for a name,  she felt a hand in her shoulder, 

Mirko: We have a problem! 

Isabella:  Now what?

Vicky: Our bags were lost, since they changed gates and our personal clothes were in there! 

Isabella looked so disappointed, and Vicky walked to an office to claim the lost bags so they could be sent to the home they were staying at but it would take a few days, and when they left the office the airport was almost empty. Mirko took the bags that were safe, and they got to the parking lot and while they were putting their bags Isabella walked away to see if she could find someone but there was no one while you could listen her friends laughs in the back with their friends that they went to pick them up, Vicky call her while Isabella was looking to the distant 

Vicky: ISABELLA! Lets go we have to buy few new clothes tomorrow( while she giggle)

Isabella looks at Vicky, and smiles, she takes a final look at the distance like waiting for someone, but once again no one was there and she quietly said “I didn’t get to know your name”.  and walk towards her friends finally going home.