Prof. Jessica Penner | OL02 | Spring 2021

Joselin Vargas, POV Story Picture C

Mia and James were sitting on the bus to go to work. It was 7 in the morning and they both take the same commute together. They are siblings with different interests and occupations. James and Mia live in California where there are big enterprises in the area. Mia works as a receptionist in a social Media-owned company. She gets tired easily since her job requires a lot of typing or answering phone calls. Today Mia has to give a presentation for her coworkers since she wants to receive a higher position at her job. James on the other hand works as a tutor to help young adults with their writing. He expresses himself through music and writing. James is writing down different ideas his students can use for their writing. He mostly helps with students who want to submit work into competitions or those who need the extra help.

1. Anna Chen

I like the contrasting jobs and personality you describe between Mia & James.

2. Amani

I liked how you mentioned that the siblings had different interest because I feel like this is something that happens a lot in families where the siblings feel so different from one another.

3. Alexsis

I like how you explained the two siblings differences very well. Is there anything that Mia and James have in common?

4. Clifton McDowell jr

I really like the explanations behind each of the siblings and how they both went to different jobs despite growing up and living in the same state

5. JoharM

I like how different their jobs were. It reminds me of all the faces I’d see over and over when I used to ride the bus to high school. You never know who behind that sleeping, stern, or staring face.

One question I have is what can you tell me about their posture of if you could even tell they were sibling from a single glance?

6. Kevin Navarrete

I like how you told the story of two people and showed how they are so similar, but yet so different.