Prof. Jessica Penner | OL02 | Spring 2021

Alexsis Arvelo, POV Story For Picture A

Jeannie had been working on her machine for 2 hours now and still couldn’t get it to work. She was stranded on strange planet with a broken time machine and her dog Zeus, who was also becoming hopeless. Jeannie had meant to time travel to the past so she could see her parents one more time. Their death was extremely hard for her and she was so sure that if she could see them just one more time she would be able to move on. She refused to give up on the machine but she started to blame herself for herself for her and Zeus being stranded on a foreign planet. She scolded herself and thought that if she had been able to move on like a normal person none of this would be happening. But then again, who says there is a time limit to mourning the death of not one, but two of your parents. All these thoughts raced across her mind as she used every tool available to her to try and fix the machine. She became so frustrated with the situation and with herself that she began to hit the machine, hoping it would magically turn on. Zeus watched her facial expressions change from anger to sadness to confusion but still stared at her with adoration because Jeannie was his best friend.

1. Kevin Navarrete

I enjoyed the fact that it felt like a third person story, the story also allowed me to see the picture in my head.

2. Clifton McDowell jr

I love how you mix normal emotions into a story that takes place far beyond our current timeline..since they have a time machine. Also great use of showing how dog’s are so caring during difficult times.