People often go Anonymous when they don’t want to be seen or noticed by others. In the article “Whatever happened to ______?” the writer was a woman and she describes in depth how her husband refuses to accept her as a writer who is a woman. Due to this circumstance she decides to go Anonymous. A time when I felt Anonymous was in my 11th grade English class, Ms. Gonsalves told us to write a piece where you felt Embarrassed and how did you overcome that. We would have to present to the class the following week. I talked to her about this and I told her I couldn’t present because this was a deep time in my life. “If you feel like this is personal to you, we can have someone else present it for you and you’ll remain Anonymous”, she said. I felt calm and I accepted this proposition because this would keep me anonymous and unnoticed.
There are times where people have a deep moment in their lives that they don’t want to talk about. It can be a time of depression or a time of fear. People write and people have journals where they store information about themselves that no one know about. They feel better writing things down to express how they feel and many people can connect and relate to this. I am one of those people who write about their feelings and journeys to make me cope with deep situations. This is important to many people and being Anonymous makes them feel secure.