Prof. Jessica Penner | OL02 | Spring 2021

Jourdan Chambers, Critique on Anonymous’ Work

“Whatever Happened To ___” by Anonymous is a writing about what it’s like being a woman in the writing field. She highlighted the struggles that she could think of and after reading it, it made me feel really bad. Just because of someone’s gender doesn’t mean they should have a harder time getting the credit and recognition they deserve. Anonymous was also a mother. To me, this means that she was struggling to take care of her kids a bit because she didn’t get credit for her work. The point of view from this writing was very insightful and things like this still happens today.

1. Fnu Janvi

I agree that when you said, “She highlighted the struggles that she could think of and after reading it, it made me feel really bad.” I also felt the same when I was reading her work because being a woman on some think I can also relate to her; for example, women have to job and take care of their family and do housekeeping.

2. Moose

I agree with your point when you said “ Just because of someone’s gender doesn’t mean they should have a harder time getting the credit and recognition they deserve. “ The author makes it in a sense where people can relate to working hard but not receiving enough credit and it feels like you’d bring ignored. I enjoyed how you added an example of responsibilities that woman often have to take but don’t get the the credit they deserve.