Prof. Jessica Penner | OL02 | Spring 2021

Jordan Bailey, Critique on Anonymous

I really liked how transparent the author was with her role as a woman. She describes that the has a lot going on for her through the fact that she is a mother, professor at a college, and a writer. All of which is a lot for a person. The narrator also talked about her abusive relationship with her ex-husband. Which also makes me think that she was going through too much. Anonymous struggles made me think about how society judges woman to be everything in one. Nevertheless, this is a good reading because it shows me a different perspective about a woman’s life, which makes me more aware of what could be happening around me. It was really disgusting to see the I’m better attitude coming from your ex-husband.

Question: Do you think this struggle is very common to women writers specifically?

Question: Where did this sexist attuned originate? What I mean was why do men behave this type of way, even thinking they are superior to their spouses.

1. JoharM

I also enjoyed how transparent the author was, It definitely helped to show just how much pressure she was feeling and the extent of the toll this whole ordeal took on her.

2. Christopher

I also enjoyed the transparency that Anonymous had in her reading. I think that her transparency really helped her story it made it better and also it was very brave of her that she told her story of her abuse and struggles.