Most of my friends that I still keep in touch with these days are friends that I made during my high school years. I was never the type of person to take initiative making friends. I was always the quiet one just trying to get through the day and just go home. My freshmen year of high school I was still in Nevada, but for my sophomore year I had to move to New York due to some family issues. As a new kid in a totally new place I was more nervous than before. I was assigned to Fort Hamilton High School. My first day at the school was a total nightmare. I didn’t know where to go, and there was just so many people. Back in Nevada I went to a high school that is much much smaller compared to Fort Hamilton High School. So on my first day I was late to almost all my classes, but the good thing was that most of the teachers were understanding and let me off the hook. During my physical ed class, the instructor was, I don’t know how to put it in a good way. But the moment he called my name for attendance he just assigned me to another Chinese student in the class and said take care of him…. I was speechless, it wasn’t like I had trouble understanding things, he didn’t even talk to me or anything and just assumed I needed help understanding things. But whatever, I just pretended to be dumb to get through the class easily haha. My partner’s name is Louis. He also thought I was dumb and didn’t understand anything! After that class, he looked at my schedule and saw that we had lunch period together and during lunch he introduced me to his friends. Then we talked for a bit and found common interest in games. Till this day, I am still hanging out with them and playing games together. The reason why he is one of my important friends is because if it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t have known the others and my life in New York would’ve been way more boring and difficult.