Prof. Jessica Penner | OL02 | Spring 2021

Wu Xu, Meet My Computer Mouse

Well, I’ve been playing games for a long time, ever since I was little. I started playing on a desktop in third grade and I just loved it. In the beginning I never thought much about different keyboards and mouse. But overtime I started using different types of mouse and I was amazed how a mouse can affect my experience on the computer. I stopped exploring my options when I started using the Logitech G502. It is really comfortable since I can adjust the weight of it, customize the button functions, and the lighting. I always thought a wired connection is better than a wireless connection so I hesitated for a long time before switching to the wireless version last year. Turns out, it actually feels the same, to be honest I like it a lot better than the wired one. I like it so much that I also got a wireless charging mouse pad for it. I don’t think I’ll be switching anytime soon.

1. Yves

Nice! I can relate, I played games using keyboard only, then a game controller that i really liked, but I was surprised of how comfortable some gaming mouse can be.

• Wu

I use controllers for racing games, mouse and keyboard can’t make small turns!

2. Jason Jordan

I know how you feel my PlayStation is like my therapist as soon as I have a bad day I hop on with my friends and it helps relieve stress

3. BensonH

I also use the G502! The spot where my thumb is, is slowly wearing down so you can tell how sweaty my thumb is

4. DeAndre Badresingh

I can relate because there is this one game I play since I was young that I still play. The keyboard and mouse combo is what works best for me. Have you ever tried with other mouse brands?

• Wu

I also tried Razer and many other small brand ones. Razer’s mouse just doesn’t have a good grip for me.

5. JoharM

I can definitely relate. I use a RAT 3 myself and have been meaning to switch for awhile. I’m also iffy on wireless products myself but what actually made you switch to wireless?

• Wu

Too many wires haha sometimes the wire gets tangled, and it was the wireless charging mousepad that made me curious on how it would work out. Turns out its really nice, never need to worry about charging again, and it is programmed to charge to around 80-90% never fully charged so that the battery doesn’t wear out as quickly.

6. Nelson Tavarez

I can really relate to this. I use the G pro wireless mouse now. It took me time to adjust to this mouse and found out that wireless is no different from wired now. I would recommend one of the better mice out there like razer viper ultimate. They are lighter and you will feel the difference immediately.

• Wu

I like it when it has some weight to it haha, thanks for the recommendation though!