Prof. Jessica Penner | OL02 | Spring 2021

Meet my necklace

I always wanted to use and have better jewelry, but some reason I always find it a little hard to wear it or even find it, since I believe jewelry says something about you and you have to find ways to match it properly.

I always mention wanting a nice necklace that would look good with everything or at least almost everything for my 19th birthday my mom decide it to give me this as a gift and I love it, even though I haven’t wear it much since I’m always home.

My mom got it for me as a present, the thing is that she worked really hard to be able to find something nice, at first it didn’t feel right since I knew is not a necklace that you could easily buy, so it made me appreciate even more, not only the price but the sacrifice behind it for me to have something really nice.

1. Janeth Vinanzaca

Hi Sheely, I like your necklace and the story behind it. I agree that gifts we get from our parents make us appreciate it more because of all their hardwork.

2. Anna Chen

Sometimes it can be a little difficult to feel deserving of something you consider to be luxury. I’m sure that if she got it for you, you definitely deserve it; go rock that necklace girl! As long as it matches your mood it’ll look great. Do you receive gifts often from your mom? Or vice versa?

• Sheely Menendez

Thank you:) I don’t usually receive this type of present from her, yeah sure sometime she would get home with and ice coffee for me and things like that, but never luxury so you know it can somehow feel weird because you might know that is not easy for them specially now with covid

3. Nuha

I agree with you; the jewelry we wear defines many things about us, and we appreciate more for our loves; as you said, your mother worked really hard to find excellent for you. But why you didn’t feel right?

4. Nuha

5. Nuha

• Nuha

from*

• Sheely Menendez

I don’t know how to totally explain it why, but I mean probably because I know how hard she had to work for it, so it felt a little unfair, besides with covid she is not working as much, so I feel that is a reasoning that made me feel that it was not necessary, don’t get me wrong I don’t want to sound ungrateful, but I tried to be the most considerate possible.