Meet my Cardfight Vanguard card, this is a card game I play to this day. I first learned about it in 2013 thanks to YouTube recommendations. I watched the first episode and the next thing I know I was hooked on the characters, the cards, and the game. I thought it looked cool for the way the monsters were designed on the front of the card. The physical card on the back says “Cardfight Vanguard” with what appeared to be a star in the middle of the card, highlighted in a blue and black color scheme. It feels thin; not like a credit card or student ID.

I was always having trouble making friends in high school, it was not until my Sophomore year I actually got the cards and started playing by myself. The next thing I knew there were others who were familiar with the game and I started playing against them. Trust me I was bad, but over time I got better cards, started winning, and made lots of experiences. I made friends, had great laughs, gained a competitive side, joined a team of cardfighters, and gained confidence to speak up. What I love about this is that it is not as complicated compared to others like Pokemon or Yugioh. 

I enjoy the strategy behind this game because you have to think about how to outplay your opponent and get the win. There are even tournaments based on this game for a chance for you to win money. Including team tournaments where you need to help your teammates improve their game if you guys wish to win. The biggest accomplishments I have ever gotten in this game was getting first place four times in a row, and joining a sponsor team. Sponsor teams pay for all tournament fees. Usually a fee could be five dollars or greater depending on how the setup goes.

If I had the opportunity to teach someone this game I would want them to remember to just have fun at the end of the day. Having fun and enjoying the game can make you smile about how amazing it is. Thank you for reading. 

See the source image