One time that really changed my life was when I was in 6th grade. In that year I had started out in 5th grade where I should have been, but after a few months was bumped up to 6th grade. It was a very confusing and hard time. I had to catch up with the class on subjects I never heard of before and a whole year of 5th grade material. Luckily for me, I am a fast learner and managed to get caught up and finally was able to understand what was going on in the class.

However, that was not what changed me. For a long time I was protected by my mother and new nothing of the world. Like the horrors that are in them, and not just simple ones but pretty big ones like how evil people of all ages could get. I was very naïve. When I got to 6th grade, I was introduced to so many things and aspects of life, I became traumatized. Like how could all of these things be real. I realized being in the shadows was not really a good idea for a girl about to hit puberty. Everyday I was on the verge of tears. As the year progressed I started to realize that this was just the way the world was and I needed to adjust myself and my thoughts accordingly. I slowly became quiet, reserved and a little pessimistic. I use to be an outgoing person, still am depending on  who you are, but became more of an observer. I would watch how people reacted to things and emotions, how the world was changing and whatnot. I made me see that not everyone or thing is not what it seems. That made me lonely for a long time but it helped me made really great friendships along the years, knowing that I was dealing with people with great personalities.