After reading Patchett’s work in Truth and beauty I can assure you that it was very well detailed and the correct relatable statements made me feel the whole situation that was being explained by the author. With that being said while reading the chapter I recalled the first day I met my friends and the first day I lost a friend. The word friendship has more weight to it than how a lot of people see it. Friendship is more like an easier way to connect and disconnect with various types of people. It is a way to know a little bit more about the person before letting them into your normal lifestyle which is a lot different than how it’s exposed at first.  As friendship/friendzone is the very first step to either a healthy relationship or an unhealthy relationship. Sometimes people tend to stay stuck in an unhealthy friendship just because they think they are not putting enough effort. Where others learn more from a mistake or a bad experience and improve themselves for the better and then end up finding better people to be friends with.  That’s life, welcome to reality.

In my journal I would be talking about how I met my friends and how our relationship is going so far. To begin with I would have to say that I was the semi quiet kid in school. Which means I was not a loner like the quiet kids in the classroom but I was also not a popular kid. I always choose to be around positivity and people around me affect that in some way or another. I was always very skeptical about my peers. After talking to a lot of people and knowing their mindset and their behavior I decided to make a handful of my peers my friends because they were helpful and understanding and I can get along easily with them.

Now one thing I forgot to mention is that not all of your friends will stay with you till the end. Some will teach you a lesson that will turn you into a better version of yourself and some will be there experiencing it with you. By that I mean that people will stay in your life for a certain period of time making you feel happy and all that. But in the next minute they will turn their backs on you and go around making new friends while talking bad behind your back. These types of people will lowkey teach you to be the best of yourself because now you know what is the contribution from both you and your friend’s side. Sometimes this will hurt and that’s when people start to overlook their opportunity to leave and just stick around for more negativity. These people will teach you a lesson in life that no school or college will teach. And then comes the friends that understand you as a whole. Like both of you know how each other works. And at this point they are not just your friends anymore. It’s time for a level up.

So to begin with I would like to let you know that after getting into school it felt really different. Because the environment was completely different from my country. The language barrier was a thing as well. There was more than just one culture and more than one race in my school. Everybody has their own way to communicate. Even people from my country and my culture. If you think that the people who share the same culture and language wouldn’t have any problem communicating with each other then you would be wrong. Because people who were born here and came here before me that share the same culture and language as me have already adapted with the environment around them. Therefore even people from my culture were different to me. Because of the way they have coped with the environment so well. 

In the 6th month in my school since it started I made a new friend. And as time passed me and him made a great bond together by entering into brotherhood. Then after a few months we got a new friend who also entered the brotherhood. For some reason a lot of people have come and left our friend circle but were never close to the bond that three of us have made over the years. There were a lot of people who entered the circle and stayed for a while but as I mentioned not everybody will stay. And these two brothers “friends” that I have are very important to me because of the ups and downs that we all been through starting from high school to getting rejected by a girl or finishing an exam all together even though we had more time and more things to write or when one of us did something good we cheered each other from our hearts etc. which sounds stupid but in bonding like this these are the stupid stuff that keeps the circle tight and loyal. 

Also I am a very open minded person or at least that’s what I believe I am. I don’t like to stay sad over negativity because why be sad when you can learn from it and be happy. Every failure is an opportunity to succeed in life. If one does not make mistakes that person will not learn because it’s not how many times you fail it’s how many times you succeed. Friendship is a very good example of that. Because A person can make everyone in the world their friend but everyone in the world might not want that person as their friend. And at some points friends can influence paths where there is no coming back from regardless if it’s good or bad. 

Friendship is brutal.