ENG1141 Creative Writing, FA2021 OL20

active 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
ENG1141 Creative Writing, FA2021 OL20
English
ENG1141

All writing is creative, including the writing you do for school, internet posts to social media, and text/email messages. Where there was a blank page–virtual or otherwise–and you fill it with your words, you have, in fact, drawn on your intellectual resources to create patterns of meaning with those words.

“Creative writing,” however, generally refers to poetry, fiction, drama, and some forms of non-fiction–memoirs and narratives that use the techniques of story-telling.

We will focus on understanding how form and meaning work together and on understanding the types and complexities of each genre–notably, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, drama, and cross-genres–so each student can begin to develop their unique, individual voice.

This course may be cloned by logged-in faculty.

Nida Khawaja Journal 7

Poems were never my strong suit. I always struggle with reading them, trying to understand them. […] See MoreNida Khawaja Journal 7

Estela Guevara, Journal #5

After 2014, I decided to come to The United States. Everything was so different, here in New […] See MoreEstela Guevara, Journal #5

Estela Guevara, Short Story 1

On a Saturday night Edith got to eat with her parents and talk to them how was college going for […] See MoreEstela Guevara, Short Story 1

This poem brings alot of memory back since everyone may or may not experience something like this. See More

I really love this poem, tells us what love can feel like. Love can be blind sometimes. See More

1.CINDY WILLIAMS GUTIÉRREZ “THE SMALL CLAIM OF BO […] See More