Prof. Jessica Penner | OL20 | Fall 2021

Nikri Syku, Meet my Guitar

The first time I got introduced to playing musical instruments was during middle school in music class. In the class we where taught how to play acoustic guitar with beginner lessons like memorizing chords, holding picks, and basic strumming, the first song we learned to play as a class was “All Along the Watchtower” by Jimi Hendrix. as I moved past middle school I kept a desire to continue learning how to play guitar and get more advanced as a hobby. through the years my musical taste shifted and I started to enjoy metal, specifically power metal and metalcore, which are more fast paced, and less heavy sounding compared other metal subgenres. With my new interest I bought myself an electric guitar and amp, but I still had a high learning curve despite knowing how to play acoustic guitar. learning how to play electric guitar reinvigorated my interest in music as It feels as if I have so much more i can improve upon and look forward to my progression.

1. Princess_Taty

Hello Nikri, I liked reading your post about your guitar. I liked how you basiaclly made it your hobby/passion. I’m glad that you was able to progress and find your own way. Keep up the good work and keep striving. There is always something new to learn. Just curious if you would end up trying to play another instrument?

2. Estela Guevara

Hi Nikri,
    I like how you started to like to play guitar after Middle School. It remind me when I was 12 years old. My brother taught me how to play piano. I learned basic notes. I would like to play piano now but I will say that I am busy with College and work for now.
    Also, Thanks for posting “All Along the Watchtower” by Jimi Hendrix. I listened to it and I liked the song.