In my neighborhood there is place called Industry City, this was recently gentrified. It was converted into a food court and commercial complex. Many people go to this location to sit and to enjoy the diverse foods they have to offer, as well as different activities such as ice skating in the winter, mini golf in the fall, and an Arcade etc.

This past week I went to Industry City to Table 87 wanting to buy a delicious Margherita Pizza. On my way to Building 2 (Building where the Food Hall is) I noticed a significant amount of people in the building and outside where there is multiple seating options. Some individuals were wearing masks others weren’t, as I was observing the people at Industry City I noticed that the majority of the people there had different types of masks, as in many had cloth masks with either a solid color or design on them. Its so crazy to think that just a couple months ago when the pandemic first started everyone was wearing your regular blue surgical face mask, and now some have gotten to the point where there is a variety of masks with designs in which you can chose from.

When entering the build, I could immediately smell the wonderful scent oven baked pizza, not to be dramatic but its literally one of the first restaurants that is there when entering the building. As I was about to enter the pizzeria in the corner of my eye, I saw neon lights that was followed by a sign that had a pair elephant and underneath said Chang CLASIC BEER. I recognized the sign from a previous Thai restaurant that I have been to it was a common Thai beer. I never noticed the Thai restaurant there before, the name of it was Bangkok BAR. Since I hadn’t ate Thai food in months I impulsively walked over to the line where takeout orders were placed. I placed my order of chicken Pad Thai with a canned coke. Eager to eat my Pad Thai I looked for a place to sit with the least amount of people. I placed down my bag and took out my freshly made chicken pad Thai and can of coke. Knowing it was hot I impatiently took a bite of my noodles, which burned my tongue but didn’t stop me from eating the rest of my meal. Maybe because I haven’t had Thai food or because I have only ever had it from one restaurant that I go to called SONG, the Pad Thai from Bangkok BAR did not meet my expectations. My recommendation for those who like Thai food or are curious to try it I would go to SONG in Park Slope, Brooklyn.