When it comes to writing papers I always get overwhelmed before even getting started. First of all, because most of the time we have to do some research and then make sure that we are interpreting the information and not just taking it straight  from the internet and second of all, because I’m always afraid that my papers are going to be turned back because of plagiarism by not citing the information the way it was supposed to. However, this time was different since I’m writing about a part of my life and I get to decide if I want to alter the story or just leave it the way it happened (not that I’m going to make something completely up, if that makes sense for you guys), either way the readers are not going to find out and I have to say that it feels really good, I’m not worry that some information might be incorrect, I’m just letting my mind flow. Before this class, I’ve had never written a memoir although I knew what it was because I have read some, one of them was “Becoming” by Michelle Obama which I think most of us have read it. 

Writing this memoir about a time in my life where I have felt anonymous seemed easy at first because I was like “I have felt like that several times” but when I sat down in front of my iPad I could not decide what story was more interesting form me to write about. I ended up choosing my trip to DR, after that, things got more complicated because I had the story in my mind but I did not know how to start it, therefore, I decided to make a draft and once I was done with it  things got a lot easier since I kind of had a structure and all I had to do was follow it. I liked how it turned out and with the second revision I was able to add more information that to me seemed pertinent, I was worry about the word count, I’m always afraid that I have written too much or to little but this time I felt it was enough.