Prof. Jessica Penner | OL05 | Fall 2020

Meet My AirPods, Amna Ahmed (Revised)

I first got my AirPods in December of 2019. My mom offered to buy them for me since there was a sale. I never really wanted AirPods because I did not need them. I had regular earphones. They worked just fine. I initially had some doubts about getting the AirPods. Since they were so small and nothing connected the AirPods together, I thought I would lose them. Or break them since they could fall anytime. I also did not like the idea of having to carry around a big boxy case with me everywhere. The case felt very inconvenient.

However, my doubts about the AirPods changed once I got them. I absolutely love them now. They are the only earphones that I wear now. Not only are they wireless, but they also come in their own case. My favorite feature about the AirPods is that whenever they are in the case, they are charging. In other words, the AirPods are always fully charged and never not charged. This is such a convenient feature for earphones to have. I also really love that the
earphones are wireless. I never really noticed how annoying the long wire can be, especially in bed. The wire would get all twisted or in places I do not want it to be in. With the AirPods, there is no wire. Therefore, I can genuinely enjoy what I am listening to.
After having the AirPods for more than a year, I can truly say that I do not ever see myself going back to regular earphones. Nor do I see myself upgrading to the AirPods Pro. My current AirPods are perfect. I even got my AirPods a case. The case is really nice to have since the original case for the AirPods would get quite slippery at times. Using a case prevents them from falling as they have in the past.

1. Robert Rampersaud

Amna,
    the AirPods are unique technology, and it great to see you actually liking it. It will definitely be hard to go back to regular wireless headphones. Does your headphones fall out of your ears occasionally, and is it recommended for workout usage?

2. nickay82

Hey Amna, I am happy you are enjoyning your Airpods. I must say you are not alone by having doubts about the Airpods prior to owning them, I too was a bit skeptical at first but now I am in love.

I know the AirpodPro has a longer battery life and a noise-canceling options that the regular Airpods dont have. would you upgrade for that future or you dont care much about that ?

3. Adama Barro

Hi Amna Ahmed, you really like and enjoy your Air Pods , before getting one myself,i was very satisfied with my old regular earphones, but the first time i try the air pods i fell in love, the sound quality,noise cancellation and also the size make it great.
    After having the air pods for a year or more,you don’t think the battery performance decrease?

4. Luzmery

Hi Amna, I really liked your story and I could not agree more with you. Before I got my Airpods I used to tell my brother that I would never spend a hundred dollars on something that could get lost very easily but after I purchased them I realized how mistaken I was and just like you I now carry them everywhere. What does your mom think of them?

5. Mohammed Hashim

Hi Amna, I really liked your piece about about your Airpods. It’s true that they are very convenient. I also had doubts about Airpods before I got myself some Airpods. Honestly they are more convenient than the wired headphones. I ended up losing my left ear once but I bought a replacement for my left ear because I was too used to using Airpods. Have you ever lost any of yours? or maybe they fall off too often?

6. Angelica Hernandez

Hi Amna I liked how descriptive you are about your air pods, I agree they are very convienent.
    Question: Do you ever get scared that you will loose your air pods?

7. Mamadou

I enjoyed the change you went through after actually getting headphones. Sometimes we don’t know if we like something until we actually have it in our possession.

Have you ever lost your airpods temporarily and had to go back to wired headphones?

8. Marina Malak

Hi Amna,
    I enjoyed reading about your new Airpods, I could feel your growing love of them from you way of describing them. I can totally relate since I got to try them and never went back to the wired headphones.
    what do you feel about Airpods being a little pricey especially when upgrading it?