Prof. Jessica Penner | OL05 | Fall 2020

Kael Krummenauer, Meet My Gaming Computer

I am a big gaming enthusiast, ever since I was a child, I would play videogames with my friends and owned every Playstation and Gameboy. Even as I got older, I would still always play videogames during my free time, it became a hobby and a part of my life. Once I started working and had the means to buy things that I enjoyed I decided to purchase a gaming computer. Slowly I managed to buy the different parts and finally build it.

As the years went on and my hobby developed, I finally decided to take a gamble and decided not only to invest more heavily into my gaming computer but to also become a live streamer. This completely transformed my gaming hobby from a purely entertainment activity to a social one, having given me the opportunity to meet hundreds of people that I would have otherwise never met in my life and that today I’m grateful for having met.

Ultimately my gaming computer has opened doors for me too meet fantastic people I would have otherwise never met or even dreamed existed.  I am happy that I have friends all over the world that I will one day be able to visit and further expand my list of places visited and people met.

1. Robert Rampersaud

Kael,
    that is great to see you investing in yourself by building a gaming computer actually open the doors to becoming a live streamer. Did you find it to be hard work keeping up with your followers?

2. Angelica Salazar

Kael, I enjoyed reading that you have invested yourself into your gaming hobby, and that you were able to meet others with the same interest. Was there anything in particular that made you want to try live streaming?