Prof. Jessica Penner | OL70 | Fall 2020

Discussion: Introductions

Please add a comment to this post introducing yourself to the class. You could include your academic interests, why you chose your major, what you enjoy reading, listening to, watching, and doing in your spare time, or anything else you want to share (include your pronouns, if you wish).

By Friday, July 28, please add your introduction and read the comments.

Get to know your classmates! Reply to one of your classmates’ comments. Do you have something in common? Did you learn something? Be kind.

1. Karan

Hello everyone my name is Karan. I enjoy in my spare time to play guitar and commonly play video games. I am currently enrolled in Computer Systems Information since it appeals to me the most. I grew up mostly loving technology mainly computers and now I get a chance to exponentially expand my knowledge furthermore.

• rania mohamed

Hey karan, that’s soo cool that you play guitar. I use to play when I was a kid, as I grew up I stopped and I wish I never did.

• rania mohamed

• kseniia Dymchenko

Hey, Karan! Nice to meet you! I hope you having a good week. I like video games too, and also i would like to learn how play guitar. It sounds so interesting for me.

2. KevonDawkins

Hello guys,my name is Kevon Dawkins that my academic interests are learning new ideas everyday,helping people and surfing the internet. I chose computer engineering because I like computers and technology in general and Im pumped up of what the golden technology year has to offer when that comes..I like reading in general but not as much since quarantine probably because of the dark environment,surrounding and atmosphere Im in,hehe .Since quarantine, have been watching pure anime and less news(thatch where I read-articles,newspaper).During my spare time I exercise a lot ,you can call me a gym addict due to the fact that I love working out and no time wasted have to build my muscle(bodybuilding and toning).

• Yaire

Hi Kevon,
      I think it’s pretty awesome how you like learning about new ideas everyday. Not many people like to expand their thoughts. What Animes have you watched?

3. Chelsea Brenyah

Hello everyone my name is Chelsea Brenyah, and I’m currently in the Liberal art program for my associate degree. The reason why I choice this major was so I could be able to take my prerequisites for the dental hygiene program. Also I’m a transfer student from University at Buffalo, so everything does feel little different, but I’m excited for my journey. I’m interested in Lash and I actually sell them as well as do them on my spare time. Being a lash tech is very therapeutic for me, it takes me feel relaxed when I’m stressed. I don’t really have a favorite book because I don’t read much but hopefully through this class I will be able to find one. When it comes to music I love afro-beat music, hip-hop, and R&B. On my spare time I usually do LOTS of online shopping or go out with my friends to eat. Food is life for me!!!

• Chelsea Brenyah

Lashes*

4. rania mohamed

Good morning Professor and classmates,

My name is rania, it’s nice to meet you guys. More about myself is that I’m a sophmore at city tech. and my major is dental hygiene. Ever since I was a child I was always interested in the health care support profession. I would always go to the dentist and see the hygienests always putting a smile on people’s face especially the children after they were done with their job. I enjoy reading interesting articles, for example there was an article saying that there is a whole other body of ocean under the ocean itself, which I find really intersting. I love dramatic action movies. And on my spare time I like to play basketball and/or explore different places around New York City.

Thank You,
    Rania Mohamed

• Chelsea Brenyah

Hey Rania, I have always been interested in Dentistry ever since I was a kid, but my passion for it grow when I first go braces and had to go in for a bracket change every month.

5. Chhring N Sherpa

Hello everyone! My name is Chhring Sherpa. I’m majoring in computer information systems. (Currently a sophomore). I chose this major since I was engaged in many electronics or technology from my early age and computer was one of the major. My hobby is listening to music, playing guitar and other musical instruments, I write songs and produce songs. You guys can can check my Instagram or give a follow 🙂 : official_chhring. Other than that I’m really excited to take this course.

6. Mahreen Munawar

Hello everyone! My name is Mahreen Munawar. I’m majoring in Communication Design and I’m currently a sophmore. I chose this major because I’ve always been interested in art related things for the longest. In my spare time I like to paint and just vibe out to music and explore all the hidden gems of New York City. I’m not a huge fan of reading so by taking this course I hope to better myself at reading and writing both.

7. Amanda

Hi! My name is Amanda Feliz. I’m currently majoring in hospitality management and this is my second year in City Tech. I choose this major because I’m a very social person and I’m really interested in tourism and hotels. In my spare time I like to watch movie and eat or try out new restaurants. I’m a huge fan of reading depending on the book, I’m reading some aren’t interesting as others. But I hope this course helps me become a better writer and have better grammar in my writings.

8. Yaire

Good afternoon,
    My name is Yaire Castillo and I’m a college freshman. I’ll be graduating in 2024 and I look forward the upcoming school year although it is online. For so long, I had been struggling between pursuing a career in medicine and in criminal justice. It wasn’t until last year that my interest in criminal justice sparked even more. I realized that pursuing a career in medicine was to make others happy but myself. I had a forensics class with an amazing teacher, Ms. Lara who really made me realize that I had so much potential to be in the criminal justice field. I live for justice and in making sure that everyone gets treated fairly. I can go on and on when talking about my career choice but I’ll leave it up to here. On my own time I like to paint. I love to listen to music while I study. And I love watching sunsets. Once again, I look forward to this school year and hope that we all do our best!

Thank you,
    Yaire Castillo

• C. Vazquez

Welcome to City Tech, Yaire! I wish you the best this semester. I also really enjoy watching sunsets and taking pictures of them. I also find music soothing when it comes to studying.

• Dyrisha John

Hey Yaire nice name by the way congrats and welcome to city tech. Wishing you a good semester

9. Muhammad Musharib

Greetings !!! My name is Muhammad Musharib, I’m doing associates in Computer science and for bachelors, I’ll transferring to City College of New York, in my spare time I play guitar I’m a guitarist.

• Chelsea Brenyah

Hey Muhammad, I’m a transfer student too! What school did you transfer from?

10. C. Vazquez

Hello! My name is Chyna (Shy-na). I’m a sophomore at City Tech and I’m majoring in nursing. As a little girl, I always knew that I wanted to be a nurse. I consider myself passionate and caring when it comes to others. During my spare time I enjoy listening to music, taking pictures, and going out.

11. Estarlin

Hello! I’m Estarlin De La Rosa, I’m an architectural student. I enjoy to listen and play music, in particular I can play the guitar. What motivates me to take this class is that I would like to learn more how to write and communicate more clearly in English because Spanish is my first language.

12. Dyrisha

Hey fellow classmates my name is Dyrisha (Die-risha) really not hard to pronounce you don’t have to think so hard. Currently I am undeclared because I’m trying to get into the nursing program hence why I am taking this class I do have my certifications and dental lab though I got my certifications in high school. I love working with kids so I would love to be a pediatric nurse. I enjoy doing hair and nails also hopefully when I get into the nursing program after I graduate I want to go to cosmetology school. I love watching Grey’s Anatomy and criminal minds but since I started back working I haven’t really watched any TV shows like that.

13. Ethan Mau

Hello, my name is Ethan Mau, and I am a Computer Information Systems Major currently attending CUNY city tech. I am an avid fan of videogames, sports, music. I’m interested in the CS field because it is something my father was very skilled in, and because of him I became interested in the subject. I am also a very social person, and would be pleasaed to talk to anybody.

• Ziyam Malik

Hello Ethan, I am also a gamer and I plan on doing my masters degree in cyber security. I also play basketball in my spare team. It is nice to meet you.

14. Ziyam Malik

Hello, my name is Ziyam Malik. I am currently enrolled in City Tech as a Career Technology and Teacher Education. I am also a photographer, a teacher, and a car enthusiast. At the end of my degree, I will be a full time CTE teacher. I am happy to be enrolled in this class and I hope to learn a lot.

15. Xavier M

hello guys and girls sorry im late was having wifi issue anyways my name is xavier manzanares, im 19 from the bx ny. hobbies include playing video games watching movies etc hang out w my friends. im a liberal art student in the process of changing majors.

16. Xavier M

17. Xavier M

18. Xavier M

19. Ana Lis Amezquita

Hello guys my name is Ana Lis Amezquita and I am Dominican. I am currently in the Health Science but hopefully soon I’ll be in the Nursing Program. I love listening to music, any type of music and enjoy being myself and vibing.

20. Kseniia Dymchenko

Hello! My name is Kseniia. My major is engineering, but i want to change that and be a nurse. This will be my second degree; I finished University in Russia 8 years ago. And it is my second semester in city tech. I’m taking this class because it is a requirement for my degree. I’m very exiting to study!