Yaire Castillo

20 November 2020

ENG1121

Word Count:206

When I was doing my multimodal project I was nervous because I had never done one before. I didn’t want to do it bad or get a bad grade. It took me a while to truly know what I wanted to do and how I wanted to do it. I decided to go with a powerpoint presentation to give a lecture. I wanted the audience to know that it was a serious case and that every word in each slide meant a lot. It was more than a presentation, it was real life, it was occurring events that are still taking place now. Through the pictures I chose I thought deeply about them. I didn’t want them to just be a picture with no importance. I wanted it to be very intriguing and captivating. I like to think of my powerpoint presentation as a figurative language. The slides I did feel as though the project will never come to an end just like I can only imagine detained immigrant women must feel. But with time it does end, just like I know the effects of detention facilities will end. I don’t regret my topic or my project because I know it is very informative and effective.