Yaire Castillo

3 November 2020

ENG1121

Word count: 325

The genre I have selected for presenting my information is images and written language. After seeing Harrison’s multimodal project. I was inspired and motivated to do the same. I liked the way that her project seemed interesting, had useful information, drawings in which I can keep my focus on it rather than getting distracted and not actually getting it. I feel like this genre is appropriate and effective because I will still be informing my audience on my research topic and keeping their attention on my topic. I believe it will be effective because they’ll be so interested in the drawings that they will want to keep reading. What I hope to accomplish with this piece is to inform my audience and spread awareness on my research topic. The elements and features of this genre are written language to inform my audience thoroughly and visual aids such as images in order to maintain my audience’s attention  and to understand my topic better. The format will be formal in order to show my audience that the topic is serious as well as having a serious and informing tone. The way I will go about composing my piece is by creating a balance between my written language and the images I use. I want to make sure that my audience doesn’t just get distracted with the images but actually reads what I have to say. I will use my laptop and get pictures from google and then put them on google slides. The information I will include in my final product are the sources that I used in order to give them credit for the information I used from them. I will organize it the same way I organize essays. I’ll make sure that I have an intriguing introduction, with valid and important points, and at the end, end it with a conclusion on what the project was focusing on and cite all the sources I used.